Related articles in JMB
An Overview of the Genetic Variations of the SARS-CoV-2 Genomes Isolated in Southeast Asian Countries
1Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, UKM Medical Centre, 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 3Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaCorrespondence to:
J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 2020; 30(7): 962-966
Published July 28, 2020
Copyright © The Korean Society for Microbiology and Biotechnology.
- Sirkeci I, Yüceşahin MM. 2020. Coronavirus and migration: Analysis of human mobility and the spread of COVID-19. Migrat. Lett. 17: 379-398.
- Southeast Asia Covid-19 Tracker. 2020. Available from: https://www.csis.org/programs/southeast-asia-program/southeast-asiacovid-19-tracker-0. Accesed May 12, 2020.
- World Health Organisation. 2020. WHO emphasizes on agile response capacities, as South-East Asia Region confirms more COVID-19 cases. Available from: https://www.who.int/southeastasia/news/detail/04-03-2020-who-emphasizes-on-agile-responsecapacities-as-south-east-asia-region-confirms-more-covid-19-cases. Accessed May 18, 2020.
- TRIANGLE in ASEAN International Labour Organisation. Available from: https://www.ilo.org/asia/projects/WCMS_428584/lang--en/index.htm. Accessed May 20, 2020.
- Today Online. 2018. Amid cross border tensions, Malaysians working in Singapore hope rice bowls unaffected. Available from:https://www.todayonline.com/world/amid-cross-border-tensions-malaysians-working-singapore-hope-rice-bowls-unaffected.Accessed May 20, 2020.
- The Jakarta Post. 2020. High influx of Indonesian migrant workers from Malaysia, despite call to stay amid outbreak. Available from:https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2020/04/23/high-influx-of-indonesian-migrant-workers-from-malaysia-despite-call-tostay-amid-outbreak.html. Accessed 23 April, 2020.
- The Center for Migration Studies. The Stateless Rohingya in Thailand. Available from: https://cmsny.org/the-stateless-rohingya-inthailand/.Accessed May 20, 2020
- The Guardian. 2020. Malaysia cites Covid-19 for rounding up hundreds of migrants. Available from: https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/may/02/malaysia-cites-covid-19-for-rounding-up-hundreds-of-migrants. Accessed May 2, 2020.
- Moya A, Holmes EC, Gonzalez-Candelas F. 2004. The population genetics and evolutionary epidemiology of RNA viruses. Nat. Rev. Microbiol. 2: 279-288.
- Chong YM, Sam IC, Ponnampalavanar S, Syed Omar SF, Kamarulzaman A, Munusamy V, et al. 2020. Complete Genome Sequences of SARS-CoV-2 Strains Detected in Malaysia. Microbiol. Resour. Announc. 9: e00383-20.
- van Dorp L, Acman M, Richard D, Shaw LP, Ford CE, Ormond L, et al. 2020. Emergence of genomic diversity and recurrent mutations in SARS-CoV-2. Infect. Genet. Ecol. 83: 104351.
- GISAID. 2020. GISAID_hCoV-19_Analysis_Update_2020-06-12_1900UTC. Available from: https://www.gisaid.org/. AccessedJune 16, 2020.
- Khailany RA, Safdar M, Ozaslan M. 2020. Genomic characterization of a novel SARS-CoV-2. Gene Rep. 19: 100682.
- Wang C, Liu Z, Chen Z, Huang X, Xu M, He T, et al. 2020. The establishment of reference sequence for SARS-CoV-2 and variation analysis. J. Med. Virol. 92: 667-674.
- Lau SK, Woo PC, Li KS, Huang Y, Tsoi HW, Wong BH, et al. 2005. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-like virus in Chinese horseshoe bats. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102: 14040-14045.
- Kim JI, Kim YJ, Lemey P, Lee I, Park S, Bae JY, et al. 2016. The recent ancestry of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in Korea has been shaped by recombination. Sci. Rep. 6: 18825.
- Forster P, Forster L, Renfrew C, Forster M. 2020. Phylogenetic network analysis of SARS-CoV-2 genomes. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 117: 9241-9243.
- Muth D, Corman VM, Roth H, Binger T, Dijkman R, Gottula LT, et al. 2018. Attenuation of replication by a 29 nucleotide deletion in SARS-coronavirus acquired during the early stages of human-to-human transmission. Sci. Rep. 8: 15177.
- Lau SK, Feng Y, Chen H, Luk HK, Yang WH, Li KS, et al. 2015. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) coronavirus ORF8 protein is acquired from SARS-Related coronavirus from greater horseshoe bats through recombination. J. Virol. 9: 10532-10547.
- The Star. 2020. New Covid-19 cluster emerges from students returning from Indonesia, says Health DG. Available from: https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2020/04/19/new-covid-19-cluster-emerges-from-students-returning-from-indonesia-says-healthdg.Accessed April 19, 2020.
- Du L, He Y, Zhou Y, Liu S, Zheng BJ, Jiang S. 2009. The spike protein of SARS-CoV--a target for vaccine and therapeutic development. Nat. Rev. Microbiol. 7: 226-236.
- Choi Y, Chan AP. 2015. PROVEAN web server: a tool to predict the functional effect of amino acid substitutions and indels. Bioinformatics 31: 2745-2747.
- Jin X, Lian JS, Hu JH, Gao J, Zheng L, Zhang YM, et al. 2020. Epidemiological, clinical and virological characteristics of 74 cases of coronavirus-infected disease 2019 (COVID-19) with gastrointestinal symptoms. Gut 69: 1002-1009.
- Gire SK, Goba A, Andersen KG, Sealfon RS, Park DJ, Kanneh L, et al. 2014. Genomic surveillance elucidates Ebola virus origin and transmission during the 2014 outbreak. Science 345: 1369-1372.
- Holmes EC, Dudas G, Rambaut A, Andersen KG. 2016. The evolution of Ebola virus: Insights from the 2013-2016 epidemic. Nature 538: 193-200.